Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Navamsa

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.

Moderators: shilpa, spidey

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Navamsa

Postby Ann » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:03 am

Hi Everybody
This is going to sound really stupid but I don't understand which planet out of the natal chart (Rasi) is used for the Ascendant in a Navamsa Chart. I have a free programme Jyotish and it uses South Indian Charts - it does number the houses and puts planets in them but does not name them. Can anyone tell me how this works. All I know about it is that it uses a 9th harmonic. As you can tell I am a complete and utter novice but I do so want to learn Vedic Astrology.
Thank you in anticipation

Ann
Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Navmsa

Postby rameshchojha » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:28 am

Dear Ann,
The Navmsa is ninth part of a Sign.There is a calculation for it .If you wish you can learn through the books available.But the softwares available give you readilly the Navmsa chart.
The south Indian chart is a fixed one and starts from Aries etc .You can count from top second left it is always Aries,Tau,Gem so on.The ascendant is marked where it demands.
You can for the sake of initial study convert to North Indian Pattern.
I hope it will be of some help to you
Ramesh ojha
TO THE GOD BY THE GOD FOR THE GOD
rameshchojha
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Navamsa

Postby Ann » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:17 pm

Hi Rameshchojha
Thanks for the reply to my post. I was given to understand that the South Indian charts start from Pisces in the top left hand corner. Does the Navamsa chart then start from Aries instead of Pisces?

Ann
Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:07 am

The top left hand square in a south Indian chart is always Pisces irrespective of the chart whether birth or navamsha or any other divisional chart.
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Navamsa

Postby Ann » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:00 am

Hi Mathur Dinesh
Thats what I thought. The problem I have is how do I know what house is on the Ascendant. I do have a free vedic programme that does the birth chart and the Navamsa Ascendant I think is Cancer - working from Pisces at the top left hand corner - It says of the Moon Good Placement - Debilitated in Navamsa - Bright - what does this mean and is the Navamsa to do with my relationship/marriage. If so what does that mean for my relationship with my husband?

Thank you as always,
Ann
Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:08 am

Please download junior jyotish at jyotishtools.com. It is a good programme. The software is free and it uses Lahiri ayanamsha. It has the option of both North and South Indian style of chart. The calculations are accurate. This programme makes the navamsha chart too for you.
Navamsha is a harmonic chart for analysis of marital purposes but in practice it is used in far many more ways than this.
The Moon is debilitated in Scorpio so in the navamsha chart it must be in this sign. When the Moon is moving away from the Sun and has already crossed at least 72 degrees from the Sun, it is considered bright. A waning Moon is taken to be a malefic planet and weak.
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Navamsa

Postby Ann » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:01 am

Hi Mathur Dinesh
I already have the programme Junior Jyotish. I am sorry but I was mistaken on the Ascendant on the Navamsa - it was actually Leo and not Cancer and of course you are correct the Moon is in Scorpio. Is having a Moon that is bright a good thing or not? How do you know what a moon is - waning or waxing in a chart - can you tell me what mine is in the Navamsa. In my western chart the Moon is Aquarius and at 29 degrees - void of course - but I don't even know what that means in respect of interpretation. Can you clarify for me.

Thank you for your patience,

Ann
Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:38 am

The brighter the Moon the better it is taken to be. The Moon is waxing when it is moving away from the Sun and good when it is at least 72 degrees ahead of the Sun. The Moon is waning when it is approaching the Sun and is bad when it is within 72 degrees of the Sun.
There is no concept of Void of Course Moon in Vedic astrology.
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Navamsa

Postby Ann » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:51 am

Hi Mathur Dinesh
In my Navamsa I have the Ascendant ruled by the Sun (Leo) and in my Rasi chart I have the Sun in my first house. What does it mean - I also notice that Jupiter is in the 10th house in my Rasi and also in the Navamsa is this good or bad?

THank you once again,
Ann
Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Navamsa

Postby Ann » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:14 am

Hi Mathur Dinesh

Is having the Sun in the first house of the Rasi chart and the Sun in the first house in the Navamsa good or bad for relationships. Does the Navamsa chart say anything about career aims or achievements. Does it highlight longevity?
Am very curious about these areas of my life at the moment. Can you help?

Thank you as always
Ann
Ann
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mathur_dinesh » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:44 am

I have always held that seeing a planet in a house in isolation does not give the right picture. It ought to be seen in its totality.Therefore when the Sun is in the first house the isolated picture will not tell us much.This location of the Sun makes one thing very clear-that the ascendant will definitely represent the physical body of the individual. If this house has influence of Saturn and the VI house from Saturn, there would be a strong suspicion that the individual would face poor health in life. If it has the influence of Jupiter and the V house from it, the individual would have cause to be happy with his physical body. There can be any number of interpretations depending on the influence the Sun and the house are receiving.
mathur_dinesh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Planets, Houses, Signs, etc.