Welcome to the www.LightOnVedicAstrology.com Forum. Click here to register

Saturn's best placement for Kumbha and Tula Lagna

Any other questions not listed above.

Moderator: Shrikanth

Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.

Saturn's best placement for Kumbha and Tula Lagna

Postby Iluvmyindia1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:22 am

Hi folks,

I have read a couple of online posts, but I couldn't find answer for the best placement of Saturn in Kumbha and Tula Lagna.

Is it the 8th, 10th and 11th houses for both Lagnas? Or is it different?

And what happens during Saturn MD when it is placed in 8th house for Kumbha lagna?

Thanks//
Iluvmyindia1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Saturn's best placement for Kumbha and Tula Lagna

Postby astro123 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:29 am

Iluvmyindia1 wrote:Hi folks,

I have read a couple of online posts, but I couldn't find answer for the best placement of Saturn in Kumbha and Tula Lagna.

Is it the 8th, 10th and 11th houses for both Lagnas? Or is it different?

And what happens during Saturn MD when it is placed in 8th house for Kumbha lagna?

Thanks//

Saturn in the 8th is generally good for longevity but for Aquarius lagna ,it happens to be LL and L12 so placement of lagna lord in 8th will give ups and downs in life and frequently health issues despite conferring good longevity..and as L12 in 8th could also give rise to VRY...For Taurus Asc,saturn is L4/L5 and his presence in the 8th will obstruct the 4th and 5th house significations
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Iluvmyindia1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Saturn in the 8th is generally good for longevity but for Aquarius lagna ,it happens to be LL and L12 so placement of lagna lord in 8th will give ups and downs in life and frequently health issues despite conferring good longevity..and as L12 in 8th could also give rise to VRY...For Taurus Asc,saturn is L4/L5 and his presence in the 8th will obstruct the 4th and 5th house significations

Thanks Astro123.

This is where I get confused. If the lord of lagna is Benefic, then definitely the placement in Kendras and Tikonas is considered best. But, if the lord of Lagna is Malefic like Saturn, then their placements in these very houses will be considered malefic. It sounds like a double edged sword: Malefics are not welcome in Kendras and Tikonas, and if the lord of lagna is malefic, then even the dushthana is considered bad. So what's the best placement for Aqu Lagna Lord?

My assumption is based on the premise that the lord of lagna placed in dushthana house is generally considered bad.
Iluvmyindia1
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astro123 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 pm

IMO ,lagna lord irrespective of who he is - Sun ,Mars or Saturn (all natural malefics) become func benefics for that native so their placement in quadrants and trines are most welcome ..Saturn is a benefic for Aqua Asc despite co-ownership of 12th house and placement in quadrant/trinal house will be good ..Ideally Asc Lord shud never be combust,Debilitated or in 6/8/12th houses..Also note the placement of Asc lord of d-1 in navamsa

thx
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Iluvmyindia1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

Guess, the problem is that there is so much varying opinions available on different sites that it is hard to fathom which one is the correct version. And may be that's why Astro Guru is so highly recommended for pursuing Vedic knowledge.
Iluvmyindia1
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sunsri » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:26 pm

how will Saturn be for Makara lagna, Kumbha Rasi and Saturn in Leo?
sunsri
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ami26 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:02 am

[quote="astro123"]IMO ,lagna lord irrespective of who he is - Sun ,Mars or Saturn (all natural malefics) become func benefics for that native so their placement in quadrants and trines are most welcome ..Saturn is a benefic for Aqua Asc despite co-ownership of 12th house and placement in quadrant/trinal house will be good ..Ideally Asc Lord shud never be combust,Debilitated or in 6/8/12th houses..Also note the placement of Asc lord of d-1 in navamsa

thx[/quote]

Hi astro123,

I have ascendant and 12th lord Saturn in 8th house in d-1 and in own 12th house in d-9. D1 and D-9 lagna both are Kumbha. So in my case would Saturn be malefic for the most part due to its dusthana placement in both D-1 and D-9 inspite of being lagna lord? I havent started my saturn mahadasha yet. I have to say that my saturn return/8th house transit has been very trying.

Thanks,
ami26
Contributor
Contributor

Postby astroduffer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:45 am

dear ilm1,

Ideally the Best place for the don is 3,6,11.

Regards
astroduffer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby astro123 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:55 am

sunsri wrote:how will Saturn be for Makara lagna, Kumbha Rasi and Saturn in Leo?

hello

Saturn in leo for Cap Asc makes it an 8th house placement and also in an unfriendly sign...Benefic aspect on saturn if any will be good otherwise Saturn will feel uncomfortable in Leo as he is dire enemy of lord sun ..if no benefic aspects could give struggle and challenges in its dasha/bhukti

thx
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby astro123 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:58 am

ami26 wrote:
astro123 wrote:IMO ,lagna lord irrespective of who he is - Sun ,Mars or Saturn (all natural malefics) become func benefics for that native so their placement in quadrants and trines are most welcome ..Saturn is a benefic for Aqua Asc despite co-ownership of 12th house and placement in quadrant/trinal house will be good ..Ideally Asc Lord shud never be combust,Debilitated or in 6/8/12th houses..Also note the placement of Asc lord of d-1 in navamsa

thx

Hi astro123,

I have ascendant and 12th lord Saturn in 8th house in d-1 and in own 12th house in d-9. D1 and D-9 lagna both are Kumbha. So in my case would Saturn be malefic for the most part due to its dusthana placement in both D-1 and D-9 inspite of being lagna lord? I havent started my saturn mahadasha yet. I have to say that my saturn return/8th house transit has been very trying.

Thanks,

hello ami

Saturn is not malefic for Aqua Asc...it is just that he becomes weak by placement due to presence in 12th house i.e his benefic powers are reduced due to poor placement.Saturn Return in transit is also generally trying...I am myslef going thru saturn return and has been challenging for me also...U also need to consider the ongoing dasha
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby ami26 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:05 pm

hello ami

Saturn is not malefic for Aqua Asc...it is just that he becomes weak by placement due to presence in 12th house i.e his benefic powers are reduced due to poor placement.Saturn Return in transit is also generally trying...I am myslef going thru saturn return and has been challenging for me also...U also need to consider the ongoing dasha

Thanks. The ongoing dasha is Jupiter-Sun, when Saturn return started it was Jupiter-Venus. My saturn return is 8th from lagna and moon both. I started feeling the negative effects 8-9 months before saturn transited into Virgo. I am really hoping for some respite when Lord Saturn enters Libra later this year :D
ami26
Contributor
Contributor

Postby karmatrix » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:18 am

Dear ilm,

I have Saturn (Aquarius Lagna) in 7th.... supposedly a good placement, for Saturn gains dikbala in 7th.... but but but the element that makes the matter little ambiguous for me is my Saturn is placed in LEO :( and is aspected by Sun, Mars - 2 natural malefics (considered temporal benefics for Aquarius lagna). I still don't know if it's good or bad!!!

Regards,
Karmatrix
Last edited by karmatrix on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now look here.
I did not say I was a millionaire.
But I said I have spent more money than a millionaire!
Cause if I had kept all of the money I had already spent,
I woulda been a millionaire a long time ago!"

- Going Down Slow (Howling Wolf)
karmatrix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ganeshgadag » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:17 am

Last edited by ganeshgadag on Sun May 13, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ganeshgadag

Postby starguy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:55 am

So what about Rahu-Saturn period? I have not had the best time. In addition, Sade Sathi is going on.

Feb 1 1983, 10:02 am, Adelaide, Australia

Lagna is on margin, in one horoscope, LL is Saturn uccha in 9th, and in another it is Jupiter in 9th. If being on margin does one lagna win over the other because the LL is stronger?

Can Sade Sathi and Rahu-Saturn compound my situation (i.e. not the best time), even if LL is Saturn?

Thank you.
starguy
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Postby abhikumar04 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:18 am

I have my Saturn in 11th house, in Saggitarius, Kumb Rasi Kumb Lagna, be he is retrograde, so is this the best placement of Saturn for Aquarius Ascendant..?
abhikumar04
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rao_mocherla » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Sir,
please note that every planet is like coin, will have two sides. It gives good results as well as bad results.the retire secret lies in 5th house , that is very mysterious hous...Poorva janma bad and good acts effects by which the native took birth as Hunan being,. The natal chart speaks only the planetary positions due to which this birth took place. One must read the book written by Dr Laksman swamy Mudalior a great doctor and gynecologist in Madras composit state . ....32 Minor Upanishads ....wherein he dealt in detail the subject of formation of huma being in the womb.... He wrote that book after he got the contents of which confirmed. Through research. ....5th house is highly mysterious house.... Deals with all most all angles house. And influence all angles of life .... From womb to tomb. Under his back ground one is study the chart. For this the native of the chart must talk truth frankly without hesitation. But in the present days. I am not coming across such natives and charts....under this back ground one must ....astrologer must be pious, talk truth, must have his family deity grace....in turn. He/she develops excellent intuition...which leads to tell accurate results. Please note that till 1950/55. The traditional astrologers used tell very accurate predictions basing on natal chart and Astana Vargas...events were predivted accurately with 15 days difference either side. Rao
5/9/2012
rao_mocherla
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Other Questions: Childbirth, Birth Rectification, etc.